Arwen’s Code of Ethics for Tarot Consulting
- I will serve the best interests of my clients, conducting my professional activities without causing or intending to cause harm.
- I will treat all my clients with equal respect, regardless of their origin, race, religion, gender, age, or sexual preference.
- I will represent honestly my Tarot qualifications, including educational credentials and levels of certification.
- I will keep confidential the names of clients and all information shared or discussed during readings, unless otherwise requested by the client or required by the law.
- I will recommend clients consult a licensed professional for advice of a legal, financial, medical, or psychological nature that I am not qualified to provide. If trained in one of these areas, I will clearly differentiate between the tarot reading and any professional advice additionally provided.
- I will respect my clients’ right to refuse or terminate their reading at any time, regardless of prior consent.
- I recognize that all ATA members have the same rights and obligations, and I will always respect and honor my co-members.
- I will not undercut my fellow Tarot Consultants financially.
- I will maintain a professional at all times by not engaging in personal vendettas.
- I will report any and all underhanded Tarot Consultants to the proper authorities.
- I will respect my self and my own abilities by refusing to read for those who are not willing to work on themselves.
- I pursue my Tarot studies so that I can stay fresh.
- I will honor my clients and myself by reading sober.
The above is the Code of Ethics that every member of the ATA subscribes to. As a member of ATA and past president from 2007-20014, I hold to the first seven as described by the ATA. The rest are my own pledges.
Ready to set up your reading? Schedule your appointment here.