I can’t draw.
Well, I couldn’t draw. Now I can. On August 5, 2012, I took a class from Ginny Krauskopf, CZT. I went in with the hopes that I might learn a new thing and maybe, just maybe, come out with something cool that I made myself.
I came out with so much more, y’all! I’ve been tangling ever since. By Thursday, I’d done a total of 11 of these. It’s been doing some strange things to my brain. I close my eyes and I see patterns.
Just walking around, I see patterns. I nearly mugged a co-worker to take a picture of her shirt for the patterns. I type and I see the way the words could connect together in patterns.
It’s been an education for me in letting go of my own perfectionist tendencies. It’s done in India ink with pencil for shading. I can’t erase. I can’t go back. I can only go forward. So I’m learning to let go.
If you want to tangle with me, bring it. 😀 You can learn more here. All you need are:
- Some pens (these are the ones I use)
- Charcoal pencils, a blender thingy and a sharpener
- A book like Design Originals Zentangle Basics
- Some tiles
- And/Or a small sketch pad (this is the one I use)
And maybe something to carry it in. It’s really not that much and I didn’t find it to be cost-prohibitive. Mind you, I didn’t buy the tiles. I just have the little sketch book with me.
So, let me know if you try this or already do it. I’d love to meet my fellow Zentangle fans.
Possibly Related Posts:
- September 2015 Monthly Forecast
- The Dark Side Of The Sun: Tarot Blog Hop: Lammas
- Tarotscopes 7/26-8/1
- Tarotscopes for 7/19-7/25, 2015
- Tarotscopes July 12-18, 2015