NaNoWriMo starts in about a month. Are you signed up? Are you thinking about it? If you are, I have some tools for you to help you get started layering 3-D characters, creating believable worlds, structuring compelling plots and more.
Don’t know what NaNoWriMo is? From the NaNoWriMo site:
National Novel Writing Month is a fun, seat-of-your-pants approach to novel writing. Participants begin writing November 1. The goal is to write a 175-page (50,000-word) novel by midnight, November 30.
If you want to take part in this crazy, intensive month where you can find support for your insanity, head over to NaNoWriMo to sign up. Then come back here and let me know you are on board!
For this insane, writer-mania, I am offering my Hero’s Journey workshop as well as some reading specials.
Let Arwen show you a new way to approach your writing. Hang on to your manuscripts as she unleashes the power of Tarot for you. In an online workshop, you will learn how to utilize the Tarot for yourself on a personal level. Meet your characters as you have never met them before. Learn about their quirks and let your journey through the cards introduce you to their own past. Writer’s Block will never be a problem again with the Tarot cards to give you insight.
• I’m so grateful for that class–you can’t imagine how indispensable the Hero’s Journey spread has been for me. It’s given me some amazing breakthroughs, and it was instrumental in writing my last outline for a proposal. It’s almost eerie when I look back and think, wow, if I hadn’t pulled that card, the novel might have taken an entirely different turn.–Jeri Smith-Ready
What can you expect from this class?
1. This will be an online class
2. Start Monday November 1st
3. Finish Tuesday November 30th
4. Learn key words/phrases for the all cards
5. To have a completed plot by the end of the month
6. 13 lessons to help your Hero’s or Heroine’s Journey
7. An active teacher who will answer your questions and encourage you.
I won’t just download lectures and leave you hanging
8. A very tight schedule guaranteed to open your imagination
What do you need for this class?
- A deck of Rider-Waite-Smith Tarot cards or a suitable clone
- Daily Internet access
- Time to do one lesson per two days
- An open mind
- A willingness to work with others
- A willingness to ask questions
What would be nice to have?
* Tarot for Your Self : A Workbook for Personal Transformation Second Edition
* The Writers Journey: Mythic Structure for Writers, 3rd Edition
* The Hero with a Thousand Faces (Bollingen Series)
* Mary K. Greer’s 21 Ways to Read a Tarot Card
* Rachel Pollack’s Tarot Wisdom: Spiritual Teachings and Deeper Meanings
It was amazing to me, how well you picked up on a fictional character’s traits just from a few tidbits of information. I mean, he’s real to me, but I didn’t expect your reading to be so close to the man I know him to be. Joey W. Hill
Is there a cost for this?
How do I sign up?
Paypal is preferred. For other options, please email Arwen.
If you have any other questions, please don’t hesitate to ask.
For more information, please contact me.
Class size is limited to ten people to ensure quality of response and interaction.
Last day to sign up is Saturday October 31st.
•She was spot on in her observations (including her predictions about me getting an agent this year, as well as selling a 3 book deal).– Allison Pang, A Brush of Darkness, Pocket Books, February 2011.
- 2010 NaNoWriMo Writer Specials (through 10/31/2010 ONLY)
* Hero’s Journey Spread ($35 for NaNoWriMo participants. Normally $50) (five available)
* Hero’s Journey For Two Spread ($60 for NaNoWriMo participants. Normally $85) (three available)
* Muse Of Inspiration Spread ($30 for NaNoWriMo participants. Normally $45) (five available)
I am limiting the number of these so I can get them done. You MUST email me to order this. Do not pay through PayPal because I will invoice you so you get the right price.
If you order after October 25th, you may not get your reading before November 1st so order early, please. See all of these and other spreads for fiction writers here.And don’t forget that I love to design spreads to help you delve further into your books. Here what other authors have said about my creative writing consultation services:
- “When reading your comments I got chills and just kept saying wow over and over. This has been really tremendous. And I also must thank you because I was considering taking a plot thread out of the story but have decided that I really shouldn’t now that I’ve read your comments. They really did help me visual my plot as it relates to Vaughn. I’m totally jazzed about writing this story now. Thank you! I’ve told everyone how awesome this experience was!” — Tess Harrison
- “Arwen did a character reading for the hero of my 2009 book, IN THE MASTER’S BED. It was fascinating and insightful.” Blythe Gifford
- Fae Sutherland wrote an entire blog entry on her experience with me.
Please note that I am not affiliated with NaNoWriMo. I do this to help you stay focused and move your word count.