NaNoWriMo starts in less than a month. Are you signed up? Are you thinking about it? If you are, I have some tools for you to help you get started layering 3-D characters, creating believable worlds, structuring compelling plots and more.
Don’t know what NaNoWriMo is? From the NaNoWriMo site:
National Novel Writing Month is a fun, seat-of-your-pants approach to novel writing. Participants begin writing November 1. The goal is to write a 175-page (50,000-word) novel by midnight, November 30.
If you want to take part in this crazy, intensive month where you can find support for your insanity, head over to NaNoWriMo to sign up. Then come back here and let me know you are on board!
For this insane, writer-mania, I am offering my Hero’s Journey workshop as well as some reading specials.
Let Arwen show you a new way to approach your writing. Hang on to your manuscripts as she unleashes the power of Tarot for you. In an online workshop, you will learn how to utilize the Tarot for yourself on a personal level. Meet your characters as you have never met them before. Learn about their quirks and let your journey through the cards introduce you to their own past. Writer’s Block will never be a problem again with the Tarot cards to give you insight.
• I’m so grateful for that class–you can’t imagine how indispensable the Hero’s Journey spread has been for me. It’s given me some amazing breakthroughs, and it was instrumental in writing my last outline for a proposal. It’s almost eerie when I look back and think, wow, if I hadn’t pulled that card, the novel might have taken an entirely different turn.–Jeri Smith-Ready
What can you expect from this class?
- This will be an online class
- Start Sunday November 1st
- Finish Monday November 30th
- Learn key words/phrases for the all cards
- To have a completed plot by the end of the month
- An active teacher who will answer your questions and encourage you.
- I won’t just download lectures and leave you hanging
- A very tight schedule guaranteed to open your imagination
What do you need for this class?
- A deck of Rider-Waite-Smith Tarot cards or a suitable clone
- Daily Internet access
- Time to do one lesson per two days
- An open mind
- A willingness to work with others
- A willingness to ask questions
What would be nice to have?
* Tarot For Yourself, by Mary K. Greer
Well, I have to admit I was a bit skeptical…I’d never had a reading of any kind before. You hit it very close and gave me a couple of other things to rethink. I’m trying to decide which reading to have you do next! Thank you so much!– Lori C
Is there a cost for this?
How do I sign up?
Paypal is preferred. For other options, please email Arwen.
For more information, please contact me.
Class size is limited to ensure quality of response and interaction.
Last day to sign up is Saturday October 31st.
• I’m definitely going to be using Arwen’s services again, and you guys should go check her out and see what she has available. VERY helpful for this pantser extraordinaire. — Fae Sutherland
- 2009 NaNoWriMo Writer Specials (good through 10/31/2009)
- Hero’s Journey Spread ($35 for NaNoWriMo participants. Normally $45) (five available)
- Hero’s Journey For Two Spread) ($55 for NaNoWriMo participants. Normally $65) (five available)
- Character Insight Spread ($35 for NaNoWriMo participants. Normally $45) (five available)
I am limiting the number of these so I can get them done. If you order after October 25th, you may not get your reading before November 1st so order early, please.See all of these and other spreads for fiction writers here.And don’t forget that I love to design spreads to help you delve further into your books. Here what other authors have said about my creative writing consultation services:
- “When reading your comments I got chills and just kept saying wow over and over. This has been really tremendous. And I also must thank you because I was considering taking a plot thread out of the story but have decided that I really shouldn’t now that I’ve read your comments. They really did help me visual my plot as it relates to Vaughn. I’m totally jazzed about writing this story now. Thank you! I’ve told everyone how awesome this experience was!” — Tess Harrison
- Well, I have to admit I was a bit skeptical…I’d never had a reading of any kind before. I was amazed on card 2 when you saw the heroine as an animal doctor. She is! You hit it very close and gave me a couple of other things to rethink. I’m trying to decide which reading to have you do next! Thank you so much!– Lori C
- Fae Sutherland wrote an entire blog entry on her experience with me.